TORONTO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/24/13 -- At the TownePlace Suites® by Marriott Mississauga - Airport Corporate Centre, it's the little things that make a big difference. Through changes in daily practices and participation in energy-saving programs, this extended-stay Mississauga hotel is now a proud recipient of four Green Keys.
The eco-rating program recognizes hotels that are committed to demonstrating the highest standards of environmental responsibility. Through a graduated rating system, this hotel near Toronto International Airport was awarded four keys, which acknowledges its effort to be an industry leader through its:
* Participation in Earth Hour and Earth Day
* Waste reduction plan, including in-room recycling for guests, to decrease waste going to landfills
* Conservation program for housekeeping that includes linen/towel reuse, using natural lights when cleaning and turning off lights in unoccupied rooms
* Use of eco-friendly products, including Energy Star appliances, biodegradable cleaners and paper products with a minimum recycled content
* Control of water and energy consumption
* Green Team that implements and communicates environmental programs and initiatives
"We are very proud to be receiving the four Green Keys certification," Dan McIlhone, general manager of these Toronto Airport accommodations, said. "Minimizing the hotel's impact on the environment is a common goal for our management team and hotel staff. We will continue to improve our social and environmental practices to solidify the hotel as an industry leader in protecting our environment."
About the TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Being away on business doesn't have to be a bore. At the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga - Airport Corporate Centre, guests can enjoy an extended stay that's both fun and functional. With stylish suites, two intimate meeting rooms, a 24-hour staff and a location within a thriving business park, this eco-friendly hotel in Mississauga is the top pick with corporate travelers in town for a meeting or a long-term project, as well as those who just want more space to spread out during their Toronto vacation. Suites offer separate living, working and sleeping areas and feature an adjustable desk and ergonomic chair, free high-speed wireless Internet access, a 42-inch LCD HDTV, coffee/tea service and a fully equipped kitchen with cooktop, fridge, dishwasher, toaster and microwave. While top companies such as Accenture, Bell, Citigroup Canada and Hewlett Packard are all nearby, relaxation is just steps away at the fitness centre, indoor pool, private gardens and barbeque patio. Enjoy complimentary breakfast each morning before heading out to explore nearby sights including CN Tower, Niagara Falls, Canada's Wonderland, Playdium and Wild Water Kingdom. A convenient, complimentary airport shuttle is also available.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2292842
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
TownePlace Suites® by Marriott Mississauga - Airport Corporate Centre
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia