Afghanistan: As of Monday, at least 2,070 members of the U.S. military had died as a result of the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan in 2001, according to an Associated Press count.
The latest death reported by the military:
Army Pfc. Barrett L. Austin, 20, of Easley, S.C., died Sunday in Landstuhl, Germany, of injuries suffered when his vehicle was attacked by an enemy improvised explosive device in Wardak province, Afghanistan, on April 17. He was assigned to the 4th Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death