Afghanistan: As of Monday, at least 2,070 members of the U.S. military had died as a result of the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan in 2001, according to an Associated Press count.
The latest death reported by the military:
Army Pfc. Barrett L. Austin, 20, of Easley, S.C., died Sunday in Landstuhl, Germany, of injuries suffered when his vehicle was attacked by an enemy improvised explosive device in Wardak province, Afghanistan, on April 17. He was assigned to the 4th Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'