Afghanistan: As of Monday, at least 2,070 members of the U.S. military had died as a result of the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan in 2001, according to an Associated Press count.
The latest death reported by the military:
Army Pfc. Barrett L. Austin, 20, of Easley, S.C., died Sunday in Landstuhl, Germany, of injuries suffered when his vehicle was attacked by an enemy improvised explosive device in Wardak province, Afghanistan, on April 17. He was assigned to the 4th Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison