Former U.S. Rep. Anthony Wiener of New York has returned to the social network
that bruised his political career but this time he isn't sexting, followers say.
Instead, Weiner is posting ideas for the city of New York in what appears to be the beginning of a run for mayor of Gotham, the New York Daily News reported.
Wiener's verified Twitter account, @anthonyweiner, popped up online Monday afternoon and by 3:30 p.m. it had attracted nearly 2,800 followers.
His account tweeted out links to a policy booklet listing "64 ideas to Keep New York the Capital of the Middle Class."
Last week Weiner relaunched his official website, www.anthonyweiner.com, which has been dormant since May 2011 when he resigned from Congress after admitting he tweeted a lewd picture of his crotch to a woman he was flirting with online.
If Weiner enters the New York mayoral race, he will do so with a war chest of some $4.5 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint