Former U.S. Rep. Anthony Wiener of New York has returned to the social network
that bruised his political career but this time he isn't sexting, followers say.
Instead, Weiner is posting ideas for the city of New York in what appears to be the beginning of a run for mayor of Gotham, the New York Daily News reported.
Wiener's verified Twitter account, @anthonyweiner, popped up online Monday afternoon and by 3:30 p.m. it had attracted nearly 2,800 followers.
His account tweeted out links to a policy booklet listing "64 ideas to Keep New York the Capital of the Middle Class."
Last week Weiner relaunched his official website, www.anthonyweiner.com, which has been dormant since May 2011 when he resigned from Congress after admitting he tweeted a lewd picture of his crotch to a woman he was flirting with online.
If Weiner enters the New York mayoral race, he will do so with a war chest of some $4.5 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted