Former U.S. Rep. Anthony Wiener of New York has returned to the social network
that bruised his political career but this time he isn't sexting, followers say.
Instead, Weiner is posting ideas for the city of New York in what appears to be the beginning of a run for mayor of Gotham, the New York Daily News reported.
Wiener's verified Twitter account, @anthonyweiner, popped up online Monday afternoon and by 3:30 p.m. it had attracted nearly 2,800 followers.
His account tweeted out links to a policy booklet listing "64 ideas to Keep New York the Capital of the Middle Class."
Last week Weiner relaunched his official website, www.anthonyweiner.com, which has been dormant since May 2011 when he resigned from Congress after admitting he tweeted a lewd picture of his crotch to a woman he was flirting with online.
If Weiner enters the New York mayoral race, he will do so with a war chest of some $4.5 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign