Former U.S. Rep. Anthony Wiener of New York has returned to the social network
that bruised his political career but this time he isn't sexting, followers say.
Instead, Weiner is posting ideas for the city of New York in what appears to be the beginning of a run for mayor of Gotham, the New York Daily News reported.
Wiener's verified Twitter account, @anthonyweiner, popped up online Monday afternoon and by 3:30 p.m. it had attracted nearly 2,800 followers.
His account tweeted out links to a policy booklet listing "64 ideas to Keep New York the Capital of the Middle Class."
Last week Weiner relaunched his official website, www.anthonyweiner.com, which has been dormant since May 2011 when he resigned from Congress after admitting he tweeted a lewd picture of his crotch to a woman he was flirting with online.
If Weiner enters the New York mayoral race, he will do so with a war chest of some $4.5 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM