Former U.S. Rep. Anthony Wiener of New York has returned to the social network
that bruised his political career but this time he isn't sexting, followers say.
Instead, Weiner is posting ideas for the city of New York in what appears to be the beginning of a run for mayor of Gotham, the New York Daily News reported.
Wiener's verified Twitter account, @anthonyweiner, popped up online Monday afternoon and by 3:30 p.m. it had attracted nearly 2,800 followers.
His account tweeted out links to a policy booklet listing "64 ideas to Keep New York the Capital of the Middle Class."
Last week Weiner relaunched his official website, www.anthonyweiner.com, which has been dormant since May 2011 when he resigned from Congress after admitting he tweeted a lewd picture of his crotch to a woman he was flirting with online.
If Weiner enters the New York mayoral race, he will do so with a war chest of some $4.5 million.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change