US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle
plan to attend a memorial service Thursday for the victims of the
fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas, the White House said
The plant blast killed 14 people and injured about 200 on Wednesday. It partially destroyed West, a town of 2,800 near Waco, which was declared a disaster area.
Residents were only allowed to return to their ravaged homes over the weekend.
The president and first lady will travel to the memorial service in Waco after taking part in a dedication ceremony for the George W. Bush library in Dallas.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data