US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle
plan to attend a memorial service Thursday for the victims of the
fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas, the White House said
The plant blast killed 14 people and injured about 200 on Wednesday. It partially destroyed West, a town of 2,800 near Waco, which was declared a disaster area.
Residents were only allowed to return to their ravaged homes over the weekend.
The president and first lady will travel to the memorial service in Waco after taking part in a dedication ceremony for the George W. Bush library in Dallas.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?