US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle
plan to attend a memorial service Thursday for the victims of the
fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas, the White House said
The plant blast killed 14 people and injured about 200 on Wednesday. It partially destroyed West, a town of 2,800 near Waco, which was declared a disaster area.
Residents were only allowed to return to their ravaged homes over the weekend.
The president and first lady will travel to the memorial service in Waco after taking part in a dedication ceremony for the George W. Bush library in Dallas.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South