US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle
plan to attend a memorial service Thursday for the victims of the
fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas, the White House said
The plant blast killed 14 people and injured about 200 on Wednesday. It partially destroyed West, a town of 2,800 near Waco, which was declared a disaster area.
Residents were only allowed to return to their ravaged homes over the weekend.
The president and first lady will travel to the memorial service in Waco after taking part in a dedication ceremony for the George W. Bush library in Dallas.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right