Five people died in shootings at a Seattle apartment complex, including a man
shot by police officers when he reached for a gun, police said.
Officers were sent to the apartments Sunday to investigate reports of gunfire, which they could hear when they arrived, police spokeswoman Cathy Schrock said.
Schrock said officers found two men wounded in a parking lot and as they tried to help one of them he reached for a gun and they opened fire, killing him, CNN reported Monday.
Both men in the parking lot died, Schrock said.
Police discovered a third male body in the parking lot and two others in separate apartments, a man and a woman. All were killed by gunshot wounds, Schrock said.
No officers were injured.
Schrock said the four male victims had been involved in a gunbattle. She said investigators didn't know why the fight started.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation