Five people died in shootings at a Seattle apartment complex, including a man
shot by police officers when he reached for a gun, police said.
Officers were sent to the apartments Sunday to investigate reports of gunfire, which they could hear when they arrived, police spokeswoman Cathy Schrock said.
Schrock said officers found two men wounded in a parking lot and as they tried to help one of them he reached for a gun and they opened fire, killing him, CNN reported Monday.
Both men in the parking lot died, Schrock said.
Police discovered a third male body in the parking lot and two others in separate apartments, a man and a woman. All were killed by gunshot wounds, Schrock said.
No officers were injured.
Schrock said the four male victims had been involved in a gunbattle. She said investigators didn't know why the fight started.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters