Shain Gandee's cousin says a mud run is being organized in Ohio to pay for the
late "Buckwild" star's funeral.
Gandee, 21, was found dead, along with his uncle and another man, in a truck in West Virginia Monday morning.
The cause of their deaths have not been officially determined, but the entertainment news website TMZ cited law-enforcement sources as saying they likely died of carbon-monoxide poisoning after the tail pipe of the truck was submerged in mud while they were inside.
The circumstances of the trio's deaths also remain under investigation, but the men reportedly were off-roading after a late night out a bar.
Gandee's cousin, Ashley, told TMZ she is setting up a memorial off-road trucking event in Proctorville, Ohio, to help pay for her relatives' funerals.
"I know the strain they are going through," Ashley said. "It's hard to provide a proper burial. It's already tough with the loss of family members ... expenses are tough as well."
The event, which costs $10 to enter, is to take place about 50 miles from Charleston, W.V., where Shain's MTV reality show "Buckwild" is filmed.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World