An East Side man is scheduled for a court hearing today after his arrest last week on a charge of making Twitter threats to kill President Barack Obama.
Daniel Temple, 36, of 5282 Malibu Dr., Apt. A, surrendered to Secret Service agents on Thursday after he admitted he had sent the messages to the president's Twitter account in the past two weeks.
The posts included "Im coming to kill you (sic)" and "So I gotta kill barack obama first (sic)," according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Columbus.
The federal complaint says the Columbus office of the Secret Service learned about the threats on March 24 and visited Temple at his apartment.
"Temple admitted to having posted all of the messages," the complaint says.
The charge carries a prison term of up to five years.
Temple's Twitter account, @dttvinfo, remained online yesterday with 941 followers.
On March 24, he tweeted: "apparently this site was flagged about a week ago by d.c. and for good reason. secret service came to see me today."
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy