An East Side man is scheduled for a court hearing today after his arrest last week on a charge of making Twitter threats to kill President Barack Obama.
Daniel Temple, 36, of 5282 Malibu Dr., Apt. A, surrendered to Secret Service agents on Thursday after he admitted he had sent the messages to the president's Twitter account in the past two weeks.
The posts included "Im coming to kill you (sic)" and "So I gotta kill barack obama first (sic)," according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Columbus.
The federal complaint says the Columbus office of the Secret Service learned about the threats on March 24 and visited Temple at his apartment.
"Temple admitted to having posted all of the messages," the complaint says.
The charge carries a prison term of up to five years.
Temple's Twitter account, @dttvinfo, remained online yesterday with 941 followers.
On March 24, he tweeted: "apparently this site was flagged about a week ago by d.c. and for good reason. secret service came to see me today."
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals