An East Side man is scheduled for a court hearing today after his arrest last week on a charge of making Twitter threats to kill President Barack Obama.
Daniel Temple, 36, of 5282 Malibu Dr., Apt. A, surrendered to Secret Service agents on Thursday after he admitted he had sent the messages to the president's Twitter account in the past two weeks.
The posts included "Im coming to kill you (sic)" and "So I gotta kill barack obama first (sic)," according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Columbus.
The federal complaint says the Columbus office of the Secret Service learned about the threats on March 24 and visited Temple at his apartment.
"Temple admitted to having posted all of the messages," the complaint says.
The charge carries a prison term of up to five years.
Temple's Twitter account, @dttvinfo, remained online yesterday with 941 followers.
On March 24, he tweeted: "apparently this site was flagged about a week ago by d.c. and for good reason. secret service came to see me today."
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think