U.S. talk-show hosts Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon joked about the future of "The
Tonight Show" by singing a parody of a classic "West Side Story" song.
The duet, which aired on Monday's edition of Fallon's "Late Night," takes aim at the media speculation regarding Leno's much talked about, but-as-yet-unannounced retirement from "Tonight" next year and Fallon's apparent taking his place.
The video shows Fallon and Leno talking on the phone about the situation and agreeing they are "still friends" as they are hounded to comment on the rumors.
"In the news, all they do, is say I'm replacing you. They think I can woo the demo," Fallon sings.
"So the network says here's an idea, pack your bags, take a hike, NBC-ya," Leno replies.
"Tonight, tonight. Who's gonna host 'Tonight?' Is it gonna be Jimmy or Jay," Fallon adds. "Tonight, tonight. Where will they tape 'Tonight?' In New York? Or will it stay in L.A.?"
"Tonight, tonight. My ratings were all right; 20 years and I'm still in first place," Leno croons back. "Tonight, tonight. I've got Fox on the line, or maybe I could take over for Dave."
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law