U.S. talk-show hosts Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon joked about the future of "The
Tonight Show" by singing a parody of a classic "West Side Story" song.
The duet, which aired on Monday's edition of Fallon's "Late Night," takes aim at the media speculation regarding Leno's much talked about, but-as-yet-unannounced retirement from "Tonight" next year and Fallon's apparent taking his place.
The video shows Fallon and Leno talking on the phone about the situation and agreeing they are "still friends" as they are hounded to comment on the rumors.
"In the news, all they do, is say I'm replacing you. They think I can woo the demo," Fallon sings.
"So the network says here's an idea, pack your bags, take a hike, NBC-ya," Leno replies.
"Tonight, tonight. Who's gonna host 'Tonight?' Is it gonna be Jimmy or Jay," Fallon adds. "Tonight, tonight. Where will they tape 'Tonight?' In New York? Or will it stay in L.A.?"
"Tonight, tonight. My ratings were all right; 20 years and I'm still in first place," Leno croons back. "Tonight, tonight. I've got Fox on the line, or maybe I could take over for Dave."
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise