Russian President Vladimir Putin extended
condolences Thursday to his U.S. counterpart, Barack Obama, over a fatal
fertilizer plant explosion in the U.S. state of Texas on Wednesday.
Putin offered support to bereaved families and wished speedy recovery of the injured, said the Kremlin press service.
Dozens of people are feared dead and 150 more injured in the explosion on Wednesday night. The blast happened about 7:50 p.m. (0050 GMT Thursday) in the city of West, some 320 km north of the Texas capital of Austin.
This is the second time in a week Putin has sent condolences to Obama. On Monday, the Kremlin strongly condemned the terror attack in Boston which has claimed three lives.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare