Russian President Vladimir Putin extended
condolences Thursday to his U.S. counterpart, Barack Obama, over a fatal
fertilizer plant explosion in the U.S. state of Texas on Wednesday.
Putin offered support to bereaved families and wished speedy recovery of the injured, said the Kremlin press service.
Dozens of people are feared dead and 150 more injured in the explosion on Wednesday night. The blast happened about 7:50 p.m. (0050 GMT Thursday) in the city of West, some 320 km north of the Texas capital of Austin.
This is the second time in a week Putin has sent condolences to Obama. On Monday, the Kremlin strongly condemned the terror attack in Boston which has claimed three lives.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property