Russian President Vladimir Putin extended
condolences Thursday to his U.S. counterpart, Barack Obama, over a fatal
fertilizer plant explosion in the U.S. state of Texas on Wednesday.
Putin offered support to bereaved families and wished speedy recovery of the injured, said the Kremlin press service.
Dozens of people are feared dead and 150 more injured in the explosion on Wednesday night. The blast happened about 7:50 p.m. (0050 GMT Thursday) in the city of West, some 320 km north of the Texas capital of Austin.
This is the second time in a week Putin has sent condolences to Obama. On Monday, the Kremlin strongly condemned the terror attack in Boston which has claimed three lives.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs