Russian President Vladimir Putin extended
condolences Thursday to his U.S. counterpart, Barack Obama, over a fatal
fertilizer plant explosion in the U.S. state of Texas on Wednesday.
Putin offered support to bereaved families and wished speedy recovery of the injured, said the Kremlin press service.
Dozens of people are feared dead and 150 more injured in the explosion on Wednesday night. The blast happened about 7:50 p.m. (0050 GMT Thursday) in the city of West, some 320 km north of the Texas capital of Austin.
This is the second time in a week Putin has sent condolences to Obama. On Monday, the Kremlin strongly condemned the terror attack in Boston which has claimed three lives.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals