Russian President Vladimir Putin extended
condolences Thursday to his U.S. counterpart, Barack Obama, over a fatal
fertilizer plant explosion in the U.S. state of Texas on Wednesday.
Putin offered support to bereaved families and wished speedy recovery of the injured, said the Kremlin press service.
Dozens of people are feared dead and 150 more injured in the explosion on Wednesday night. The blast happened about 7:50 p.m. (0050 GMT Thursday) in the city of West, some 320 km north of the Texas capital of Austin.
This is the second time in a week Putin has sent condolences to Obama. On Monday, the Kremlin strongly condemned the terror attack in Boston which has claimed three lives.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit