US President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and their national security team had gathered in the White House situation room to follow the developments in the manhunt for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings.
The team included FBI Director Robert Mueller, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Secretary of State John Kerry, CIA Director John Brennan and other terrorism and security advisers.
Obama had been briefed on the situation throughout the night, a senior White House official said.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change