US President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and their national security team had gathered in the White House situation room to follow the developments in the manhunt for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings.
The team included FBI Director Robert Mueller, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Secretary of State John Kerry, CIA Director John Brennan and other terrorism and security advisers.
Obama had been briefed on the situation throughout the night, a senior White House official said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001