US President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and their national security team had gathered in the White House situation room to follow the developments in the manhunt for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings.
The team included FBI Director Robert Mueller, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Secretary of State John Kerry, CIA Director John Brennan and other terrorism and security advisers.
Obama had been briefed on the situation throughout the night, a senior White House official said.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say