US President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and their national security team had gathered in the White House situation room to follow the developments in the manhunt for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings.
The team included FBI Director Robert Mueller, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Secretary of State John Kerry, CIA Director John Brennan and other terrorism and security advisers.
Obama had been briefed on the situation throughout the night, a senior White House official said.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu