El Paso-based Western Refining has donated $50,000 to the New Mexico
State University College of Engineering, the Las Cruces school reported
The money will be used for engineering scholarships and renovation of the college's Operations Unit Laboratory, which is used for chemical engineering courses.
"The funds being received will help us to increase the opportunities for talented young students to enter into a career in engineering," Ricardo Jacquez, College of Engineering dean, said in a written statement.
Western operates a small refinery in Gallup, N.M. It also operates a large refinery in El Paso.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street