El Paso-based Western Refining has donated $50,000 to the New Mexico
State University College of Engineering, the Las Cruces school reported
The money will be used for engineering scholarships and renovation of the college's Operations Unit Laboratory, which is used for chemical engineering courses.
"The funds being received will help us to increase the opportunities for talented young students to enter into a career in engineering," Ricardo Jacquez, College of Engineering dean, said in a written statement.
Western operates a small refinery in Gallup, N.M. It also operates a large refinery in El Paso.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise