El Paso-based Western Refining has donated $50,000 to the New Mexico
State University College of Engineering, the Las Cruces school reported
The money will be used for engineering scholarships and renovation of the college's Operations Unit Laboratory, which is used for chemical engineering courses.
"The funds being received will help us to increase the opportunities for talented young students to enter into a career in engineering," Ricardo Jacquez, College of Engineering dean, said in a written statement.
Western operates a small refinery in Gallup, N.M. It also operates a large refinery in El Paso.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply