El Paso-based Western Refining has donated $50,000 to the New Mexico
State University College of Engineering, the Las Cruces school reported
The money will be used for engineering scholarships and renovation of the college's Operations Unit Laboratory, which is used for chemical engineering courses.
"The funds being received will help us to increase the opportunities for talented young students to enter into a career in engineering," Ricardo Jacquez, College of Engineering dean, said in a written statement.
Western operates a small refinery in Gallup, N.M. It also operates a large refinery in El Paso.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays