El Paso-based Western Refining has donated $50,000 to the New Mexico
State University College of Engineering, the Las Cruces school reported
The money will be used for engineering scholarships and renovation of the college's Operations Unit Laboratory, which is used for chemical engineering courses.
"The funds being received will help us to increase the opportunities for talented young students to enter into a career in engineering," Ricardo Jacquez, College of Engineering dean, said in a written statement.
Western operates a small refinery in Gallup, N.M. It also operates a large refinery in El Paso.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Joseph Swedish: WellPoint Readies for Tech Wave
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment