The fourth episode of NBC's serial-killer drama "Hannibal" scheduled
to air next week has been pulled because of concerns over violence in the wake
of the Boston Marathon bombing and other violent incidents.
Bryan Fuller, who created the series, asked NBC to pull the episode, which featured guest star Molly Shannon as a woman brainwashing children to kill other kids. The fifth episode of the drama will air in its place.
Clips from the fourth episode will appear on the website along with an introduction by Fuller explaining why he felt the content might be too disturbing.
Although the show is serialized, network executives said viewers will not have continuity issues.
"Hannibal" is based on the hit film franschise centered on a serial killer who consumes the body parts of his victims.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season