The fourth episode of NBC's serial-killer drama "Hannibal" scheduled
to air next week has been pulled because of concerns over violence in the wake
of the Boston Marathon bombing and other violent incidents.
Bryan Fuller, who created the series, asked NBC to pull the episode, which featured guest star Molly Shannon as a woman brainwashing children to kill other kids. The fifth episode of the drama will air in its place.
Clips from the fourth episode will appear on the website along with an introduction by Fuller explaining why he felt the content might be too disturbing.
Although the show is serialized, network executives said viewers will not have continuity issues.
"Hannibal" is based on the hit film franschise centered on a serial killer who consumes the body parts of his victims.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South