Cryptic and mundane messages were posted on the Twitter account a high school
friend said belongs to Boston Marathon bombings suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
Two days after the bombings at the finish line killed three people and wounded more than 170, the still-at-large suspect posted, "I'm a stress-free kind of guy," on the Twitter page of "Jahar," which has a lion as an avatar.
Boston and its suburbs, universities and transit system were on lockdown Friday as police hunted for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, still at large after his accomplice brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was killed in a series of events that left a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer dead and a transit officer injured, officials said Friday.
Three people died and more than 170 people were injured in the Monday blasts. The FBI had released the brothers' photos Thursday.
BuzzFeed said a high school classmate of Tsarnaev confirmed that @J_tsar is his Twitter account: "I would confirm this as to being his Twitter account. Those users went to my high school."
On the day of the bombings he posted: "Ain't no love in the heart of the city, stay safe people."
Later on Monday he wrote, "Here are people that know the truth but stay silent & there are people that speak the truth but we don't hear them cuz they're the minority."
Other posts showed a tweet suggesting he tried an antihistamine for an ailment and one he wrote about a haircut, noting, "I usually don't do those."
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign