The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Bomb Squad reported to California State in Los
Angeles after two suspicious objects were reported on campus, authorities said.
The bomb squad determined the objects were a professor's door chime and part of a student's experiment, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The squad declared the two items as harmless shortly before 9 p.m. Thursday night.
The campus had evacuated earlier in the day during a bomb threat, which turned out to be a hoax, the Times reported.
Authorities said the two incidents appeared to be unrelated.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid