The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Bomb Squad reported to California State in Los
Angeles after two suspicious objects were reported on campus, authorities said.
The bomb squad determined the objects were a professor's door chime and part of a student's experiment, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The squad declared the two items as harmless shortly before 9 p.m. Thursday night.
The campus had evacuated earlier in the day during a bomb threat, which turned out to be a hoax, the Times reported.
Authorities said the two incidents appeared to be unrelated.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules