The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Bomb Squad reported to California State in Los
Angeles after two suspicious objects were reported on campus, authorities said.
The bomb squad determined the objects were a professor's door chime and part of a student's experiment, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The squad declared the two items as harmless shortly before 9 p.m. Thursday night.
The campus had evacuated earlier in the day during a bomb threat, which turned out to be a hoax, the Times reported.
Authorities said the two incidents appeared to be unrelated.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Broadband Policies Could Mean 11,000 Jobs
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- William Morris Endeavor Eats up IMG
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages