The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Bomb Squad reported to California State in Los
Angeles after two suspicious objects were reported on campus, authorities said.
The bomb squad determined the objects were a professor's door chime and part of a student's experiment, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The squad declared the two items as harmless shortly before 9 p.m. Thursday night.
The campus had evacuated earlier in the day during a bomb threat, which turned out to be a hoax, the Times reported.
Authorities said the two incidents appeared to be unrelated.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile