The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Bomb Squad reported to California State in Los
Angeles after two suspicious objects were reported on campus, authorities said.
The bomb squad determined the objects were a professor's door chime and part of a student's experiment, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The squad declared the two items as harmless shortly before 9 p.m. Thursday night.
The campus had evacuated earlier in the day during a bomb threat, which turned out to be a hoax, the Times reported.
Authorities said the two incidents appeared to be unrelated.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU