The brothers suspected in the Boston Marathon
bombings had been in the United States for years after immigrating
from Russia's Chechnya region, The Boston Globe reported.
Former classmates from a prestigious Cambridge, Massachusetts, high school described the men as Americanized with no signs of violent tendencies.
They were described as athletes involved in wrestling and boxing. The younger man reportedly won a city scholarship to attend university in 2011.
Police were still searching for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, after his brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was killed overnight.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief