Ann Curry told her friends being ousted as co-anchor of NBC's "Today" show in
New York last year felt like a death, author Brian Stelter said.
Stelter discussed Curry's reaction in his book "Top of the Morning: Inside the Cutthroat World of Morning TV," which was excerpted Thursday in The New York Times Magazine.
"She was overwhelmed by condolences," Stelter wrote.
"It feels like I died and I've seen my own wake," Stelter quoted Curry as telling colleagues.
Curry remains an occasional contributor for NBC News, but lost the "Today" gig because of what was described as a lack of chemistry with co-anchor Matt Lauer.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment