British music icon and peace activist Paul McCartney has recorded a message
urging Americans to call their elected officials and demand tougher gun laws.
McCartney taped the message for Voices Against Violence, a campaign started by singer Tony Bennett and his son Danny, E! News said.
Those who text "MYVOICE" to 877877 will get an automated message from McCartney after which the caller is connected to a U.S. congressman's office.
"Hi, this is Paul McCartney, and in a minute you will be connected to a congressperson who needs to hear your voice, now. Tell the congressperson that you support commonsense laws that keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people, including criminal background checks on all gun sales," McCartney said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party