British music icon and peace activist Paul McCartney has recorded a message
urging Americans to call their elected officials and demand tougher gun laws.
McCartney taped the message for Voices Against Violence, a campaign started by singer Tony Bennett and his son Danny, E! News said.
Those who text "MYVOICE" to 877877 will get an automated message from McCartney after which the caller is connected to a U.S. congressman's office.
"Hi, this is Paul McCartney, and in a minute you will be connected to a congressperson who needs to hear your voice, now. Tell the congressperson that you support commonsense laws that keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people, including criminal background checks on all gun sales," McCartney said.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops