British music icon and peace activist Paul McCartney has recorded a message
urging Americans to call their elected officials and demand tougher gun laws.
McCartney taped the message for Voices Against Violence, a campaign started by singer Tony Bennett and his son Danny, E! News said.
Those who text "MYVOICE" to 877877 will get an automated message from McCartney after which the caller is connected to a U.S. congressman's office.
"Hi, this is Paul McCartney, and in a minute you will be connected to a congressperson who needs to hear your voice, now. Tell the congressperson that you support commonsense laws that keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people, including criminal background checks on all gun sales," McCartney said.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low