British music icon and peace activist Paul McCartney has recorded a message
urging Americans to call their elected officials and demand tougher gun laws.
McCartney taped the message for Voices Against Violence, a campaign started by singer Tony Bennett and his son Danny, E! News said.
Those who text "MYVOICE" to 877877 will get an automated message from McCartney after which the caller is connected to a U.S. congressman's office.
"Hi, this is Paul McCartney, and in a minute you will be connected to a congressperson who needs to hear your voice, now. Tell the congressperson that you support commonsense laws that keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people, including criminal background checks on all gun sales," McCartney said.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses