British music icon and peace activist Paul McCartney has recorded a message
urging Americans to call their elected officials and demand tougher gun laws.
McCartney taped the message for Voices Against Violence, a campaign started by singer Tony Bennett and his son Danny, E! News said.
Those who text "MYVOICE" to 877877 will get an automated message from McCartney after which the caller is connected to a U.S. congressman's office.
"Hi, this is Paul McCartney, and in a minute you will be connected to a congressperson who needs to hear your voice, now. Tell the congressperson that you support commonsense laws that keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people, including criminal background checks on all gun sales," McCartney said.
Most Popular Stories
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- HBO No Go During 'True Detective' Finale
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Rodman Calls It Quits With Kim Jong Un
- Growth Expected if Congress Passes Budget
- Colo. Raises $3.5 Million in Pot Revenue
- Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall
- Kim Jong Un Elected in Remarkable Unanimous Vote
- Neil Young Debuts PonoMusic This Week