Think Wall Street interns are the best paid? Think again.
A recent survey by Glassdoor.com found that the highest-paid interns work for technology and oil companies.
Taking the top spot is VMWare, a Palo Alto company that specializes in cloud computing. Its interns earn a monthly base pay of $6,704.
Assuming an intern works 40 hours a week, that translates to about $39 an hour. Not too shabby.
Interns at EBay, the online auction retailer, were the next best paid, making $6,500 a month.
Exxon Mobil Corp. rounded out the top three; the company pays its interns about $6,268 a month.
The rest are as follows:
4. Facebook Inc.: $6,084
5. Google Inc.: $5,891
6. LinkedIn Corp.: $5,866
7. Adobe Systems Inc.: $5,861
8. Microsoft Corp.: $5,847
9. ConocoPhillips: $5,607
10. Amazon Inc.: $5,436
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report