Think Wall Street interns are the best paid? Think again.
A recent survey by Glassdoor.com found that the highest-paid interns work for technology and oil companies.
Taking the top spot is VMWare, a Palo Alto company that specializes in cloud computing. Its interns earn a monthly base pay of $6,704.
Assuming an intern works 40 hours a week, that translates to about $39 an hour. Not too shabby.
Interns at EBay, the online auction retailer, were the next best paid, making $6,500 a month.
Exxon Mobil Corp. rounded out the top three; the company pays its interns about $6,268 a month.
The rest are as follows:
4. Facebook Inc.: $6,084
5. Google Inc.: $5,891
6. LinkedIn Corp.: $5,866
7. Adobe Systems Inc.: $5,861
8. Microsoft Corp.: $5,847
9. ConocoPhillips: $5,607
10. Amazon Inc.: $5,436
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe