Think Wall Street interns are the best paid? Think again.
A recent survey by Glassdoor.com found that the highest-paid interns work for technology and oil companies.
Taking the top spot is VMWare, a Palo Alto company that specializes in cloud computing. Its interns earn a monthly base pay of $6,704.
Assuming an intern works 40 hours a week, that translates to about $39 an hour. Not too shabby.
Interns at EBay, the online auction retailer, were the next best paid, making $6,500 a month.
Exxon Mobil Corp. rounded out the top three; the company pays its interns about $6,268 a month.
The rest are as follows:
4. Facebook Inc.: $6,084
5. Google Inc.: $5,891
6. LinkedIn Corp.: $5,866
7. Adobe Systems Inc.: $5,861
8. Microsoft Corp.: $5,847
9. ConocoPhillips: $5,607
10. Amazon Inc.: $5,436
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record