Akron police are investigating the apparent shooting deaths of four
people in a town home near Chapel Hill Mall.
Authorities say two men and two women were found shot in the head in a basement of a unit at the Kimlyn Circle AMHA Housing Complex on Kimlyn Circle, off Independence Avenue in East Akron.
The bodies were discovered around 2:30 p.m. after receiving a call from a neighbor.
Police say the victims appear to be in their 20s.
A relative of one of the victims said the bodies were discovered by a friend.
Family members say they were told the victims were all shot execution style in the face.
Relatives were told that shell casings were found on two levels of the apartment.
Police have cordoned off the parking lot. Officers are going door to door interviewing residents in the apartment complex.
Authorities say it will be several hours before the bodies are removed from the house.
The father of one victim in Akron shooting pleaded for the killer to come forward. The man said his son was 26 and the father of two.
Tony O'Leary, executive director of Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority, expressed surprise at the discovery of four bodies inside a unit the agency owns.
"Historically, it has been a very calm development," O'Leary said. "We track all police reports for all of our developments. There's generally a low level of activity there that would require a police response."
A private developer initially built the town home complex, O'Leary said. AMHA acquired it several decades ago.
Akron police say they will hold a press conference later this afternoon.
(c)2013 the Akron Beacon Journal (Akron, Ohio)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?