TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/17/13 -- Today, on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, Degrassi's Luke Bilyk; twice-nominated Gemini actress, Ashley Leggat; Juno nominated recording artist, Danny Fernandes; rap sensation, Lil JaXe; and singer/songwriter Jesse Labelle join a line-up of young superstars at the only youth-run empowerment event in Canada - Count Me In Conference (CMIC).
The radical event, uniting 1500 students representing over 60 schools from across Ontario at The Mississauga Living Arts Centre, will influence youth-driven social change through volunteerism.
The innovative Conference is being organized entirely by a team of teenagers, lead by Count Me In founder, Shane Feldman.
Count Me In Conference will impact students with a groundbreaking line-up of speakers and entertainers, uniting to share powerful messages, and inspiring students to volunteer.
CMIC 2013 Speakers and Performers:
- Luke Bilyk - Host of CMIC 2013; Actor ("Drew Torres" on Degrassi)
- Danny Fernandes - Juno Nominated Recording Artist
- Ashley Leggat - Twice-Nominated Gemini Actress (Life With Derek, Criminal Minds)
- Jesse Labelle - Canadian Singer/Songwriter
- Lil JaXe - aka "Jake Zeldin", 13 Year Old Canadian Rapper
- Kristin Chenoweth - Tony & Emmy® Award Winner (via video)
- Rick Mercer - Comedian, Television Personality, Political Satirist (via video)
- Sarena Parmar - Actress (Flashpoint, Degrassi); Plan Canada Ambassador
- Wesley Prankard - 14 year old Activist, Founder of "Northern Starfish" Attawapiskat initiative
- Maddie Cranston - 9 year old Ocean Warrior, Activist, and Environmentalist
- Scott Hammell - Guinness World Record setting Escape Artist and Stuntman
- Simon Jackson - Founder of "The Spirit Bear Youth Coalition"
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors