U.S. pop star Britney Spears has recorded a new song called "Ooh La La" for the
family movie "Smurfs 2," Columbia Pictures/Sony Pictures Animation announced.
The song will play during the end credits of the live-action and animated film, which is set to hit theaters July 31.
"I have always loved the Smurfs as a kid and now my boys are the biggest Smurfs fans EVER. I wanted to surprise them with a song in the movie. I know they'll think it's Smurftastic," Spears, the mother of two school-age sons, said in a statement Wednesday.
"We are completely thrilled to have Britney involved with 'The Smurfs.' She is an amazing artist and her boys are Smurfs fans, so it's a great fit for all of us," said Lia Vollack, president of Worldwide Music for Sony Pictures.
"I am very excited that Britney is joining our smurfy adventure. 'Ooh La La' is the perfect Smurf-party song, and the perfect button on the film for audiences around the world," "Smurfs 2" director Raja Gosnell said.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots