Yahoo reported lower revenue Tuesday for the
first quarter but earnings rose thanks to cost-cutting by company
head Marissa Mayer.
The struggling internet pioneer said that its revenues were 1.14 billion dollars, a 7-per-cent decline from a year earlier. But profits rose to 390 million dollars, compared to 286 million dollars in the year ago quarter.
"I'm pleased with Yahoo!'s performance in the first quarter," said Mayer in a statement. "We saw continued stability in our business, strengthened our team, and started the year with fast execution against our products and partnerships."
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight