Yahoo reported lower revenue Tuesday for the
first quarter but earnings rose thanks to cost-cutting by company
head Marissa Mayer.
The struggling internet pioneer said that its revenues were 1.14 billion dollars, a 7-per-cent decline from a year earlier. But profits rose to 390 million dollars, compared to 286 million dollars in the year ago quarter.
"I'm pleased with Yahoo!'s performance in the first quarter," said Mayer in a statement. "We saw continued stability in our business, strengthened our team, and started the year with fast execution against our products and partnerships."
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays