Yahoo reported lower revenue Tuesday for the
first quarter but earnings rose thanks to cost-cutting by company
head Marissa Mayer.
The struggling internet pioneer said that its revenues were 1.14 billion dollars, a 7-per-cent decline from a year earlier. But profits rose to 390 million dollars, compared to 286 million dollars in the year ago quarter.
"I'm pleased with Yahoo!'s performance in the first quarter," said Mayer in a statement. "We saw continued stability in our business, strengthened our team, and started the year with fast execution against our products and partnerships."
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation