British rocker Ozzy Osbourne apologized on Facebook to his loved ones for
drinking and using drugs during the last 18 months but said he is now sober.
Osbourne's online statement came after TMZ reported Monday he and Sharon, his wife of 31 years, had split up and were living separately in Los Angeles.
"For the last year and a half I have been drinking and taking drugs," Osbourne, 64, wrote on Facebook. "I was in a very dark place and was an [expletive] to the people I love most, my family.
"However, I am happy to say that I am now 44 days sober. Just to set the record straight, Sharon and I are not divorcing. I'm just trying to be a better person," he added. "I would like to apologize to Sharon, my family, my friends and my band mates for my insane behavior during this period ... and my fans."
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls