British rocker Ozzy Osbourne apologized on Facebook to his loved ones for
drinking and using drugs during the last 18 months but said he is now sober.
Osbourne's online statement came after TMZ reported Monday he and Sharon, his wife of 31 years, had split up and were living separately in Los Angeles.
"For the last year and a half I have been drinking and taking drugs," Osbourne, 64, wrote on Facebook. "I was in a very dark place and was an [expletive] to the people I love most, my family.
"However, I am happy to say that I am now 44 days sober. Just to set the record straight, Sharon and I are not divorcing. I'm just trying to be a better person," he added. "I would like to apologize to Sharon, my family, my friends and my band mates for my insane behavior during this period ... and my fans."
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today