British rocker Ozzy Osbourne apologized on Facebook to his loved ones for
drinking and using drugs during the last 18 months but said he is now sober.
Osbourne's online statement came after TMZ reported Monday he and Sharon, his wife of 31 years, had split up and were living separately in Los Angeles.
"For the last year and a half I have been drinking and taking drugs," Osbourne, 64, wrote on Facebook. "I was in a very dark place and was an [expletive] to the people I love most, my family.
"However, I am happy to say that I am now 44 days sober. Just to set the record straight, Sharon and I are not divorcing. I'm just trying to be a better person," he added. "I would like to apologize to Sharon, my family, my friends and my band mates for my insane behavior during this period ... and my fans."
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say