British rocker Ozzy Osbourne apologized on Facebook to his loved ones for
drinking and using drugs during the last 18 months but said he is now sober.
Osbourne's online statement came after TMZ reported Monday he and Sharon, his wife of 31 years, had split up and were living separately in Los Angeles.
"For the last year and a half I have been drinking and taking drugs," Osbourne, 64, wrote on Facebook. "I was in a very dark place and was an [expletive] to the people I love most, my family.
"However, I am happy to say that I am now 44 days sober. Just to set the record straight, Sharon and I are not divorcing. I'm just trying to be a better person," he added. "I would like to apologize to Sharon, my family, my friends and my band mates for my insane behavior during this period ... and my fans."
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West