US President Barack Obama discussed the
conflict in Syria and Iran's nuclear programme with Crown Prince
Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates in a meeting
at the White House Tuesday.
The leaders vowed close defence and security cooperation, and Obama praised the UAE for its support of NATO missions in Afghanistan and Libya.
The visit is the first in a series of meetings with Middle East region leaders, including from Qatar, Jordan, and Turkey in the coming weeks.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.