US President Barack Obama discussed the
conflict in Syria and Iran's nuclear programme with Crown Prince
Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates in a meeting
at the White House Tuesday.
The leaders vowed close defence and security cooperation, and Obama praised the UAE for its support of NATO missions in Afghanistan and Libya.
The visit is the first in a series of meetings with Middle East region leaders, including from Qatar, Jordan, and Turkey in the coming weeks.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?