US President Barack Obama discussed the
conflict in Syria and Iran's nuclear programme with Crown Prince
Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates in a meeting
at the White House Tuesday.
The leaders vowed close defence and security cooperation, and Obama praised the UAE for its support of NATO missions in Afghanistan and Libya.
The visit is the first in a series of meetings with Middle East region leaders, including from Qatar, Jordan, and Turkey in the coming weeks.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006