New Kids on the Block singer Joey McIntyre says he escaped unharmed from
explosions that went off minutes after he finished the Boston Marathon.
Three people were killed and more than 100 injured in Monday's blasts. As of Tuesday morning, no one had claimed responsibility for the attacks.
"There was an explosion by the finish line about 5 minutes after I finished," McIntyre, a Needham, Mass., native, posted on Twitter Monday afternoon. "I'm ok but I'm sure there are many hurt."
Before McIntyre tweeted his condition, band mate Donnie Wahlberg took to Twitter to plead for an update on his whereabouts.
"Please reach out if you hear that @joeymcintyre is ok!!!!! Please say a prayer for everyone in Boston!" tweeted Wahlberg, who grew up in the Dorchester section of Boston.
He later wrote: "Just heard that @joeymcintyre is ok! Thanks to everyone for tweeting! Scared for everyone else in Boston. #PrayerForBoston please."
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today