The consulate general of Mexico is hosting its annual financial
education week, April 22-26, with free bilingual information from local banks,
credit unions, nonprofits and state agencies.
The "your money, your future" event, sponsored by the consulate general and the Institute of Mexicans Abroad, is designed to introduce Mexican immigrants to the U.S. financial system. Speakers and information booths will cover such topics as opening a bank account, building credit, creating a household budget, starting a business, buying real estate and preventing financial fraud.
Reservations are not required. The weeklong event takes place daily from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the consulate offices, 2093 Arena Blvd. in Sacramento. For details, call (916)329-3513.
(c)2013 The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status