The consulate general of Mexico is hosting its annual financial
education week, April 22-26, with free bilingual information from local banks,
credit unions, nonprofits and state agencies.
The "your money, your future" event, sponsored by the consulate general and the Institute of Mexicans Abroad, is designed to introduce Mexican immigrants to the U.S. financial system. Speakers and information booths will cover such topics as opening a bank account, building credit, creating a household budget, starting a business, buying real estate and preventing financial fraud.
Reservations are not required. The weeklong event takes place daily from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the consulate offices, 2093 Arena Blvd. in Sacramento. For details, call (916)329-3513.
(c)2013 The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset