Facebook says it will bring Facebook Home features like those in its custom
Android overlay to iOS devices in the form of an updated app.
Some Facebook Home features will soon be available on the iPhone, Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg said Tuesday.
However, unlike Facebook Home for Google's Android mobile operating system, which is an overlay that offers a completely Facebooked Android user interface, Facebook Home features for iOS will arrive as an app, theinquirer.net reported.
Facebook wasn't able to move the whole overlay "skin" to iOS due to the closed nature of Apple's mobile operating system, Sandberg said, but the app will offer a "more immersive Facebook experience."
"We are going to release a new version [of our mobile app] on iOS, very soon ... You will see some of the features from Home will be launched with Apple," she told The Wall Street Journal.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant