Facebook says it will bring Facebook Home features like those in its custom
Android overlay to iOS devices in the form of an updated app.
Some Facebook Home features will soon be available on the iPhone, Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg said Tuesday.
However, unlike Facebook Home for Google's Android mobile operating system, which is an overlay that offers a completely Facebooked Android user interface, Facebook Home features for iOS will arrive as an app, theinquirer.net reported.
Facebook wasn't able to move the whole overlay "skin" to iOS due to the closed nature of Apple's mobile operating system, Sandberg said, but the app will offer a "more immersive Facebook experience."
"We are going to release a new version [of our mobile app] on iOS, very soon ... You will see some of the features from Home will be launched with Apple," she told The Wall Street Journal.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend