Facebook says it will bring Facebook Home features like those in its custom
Android overlay to iOS devices in the form of an updated app.
Some Facebook Home features will soon be available on the iPhone, Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg said Tuesday.
However, unlike Facebook Home for Google's Android mobile operating system, which is an overlay that offers a completely Facebooked Android user interface, Facebook Home features for iOS will arrive as an app, theinquirer.net reported.
Facebook wasn't able to move the whole overlay "skin" to iOS due to the closed nature of Apple's mobile operating system, Sandberg said, but the app will offer a "more immersive Facebook experience."
"We are going to release a new version [of our mobile app] on iOS, very soon ... You will see some of the features from Home will be launched with Apple," she told The Wall Street Journal.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday