Today is Tax Day.
Your federal, as well as state and local tax returns will be due, unless you file for an extension.
If you need more time on your returns, you should still file, even if you can't pay the full amount due. You can get an automatic six-month extension, to Oct. 15, by going to www.irs.gov and clicking on the Free File link. The form you need is Form 4868.
Remember, an extension gives you extra time to submit paperwork only. You will owe interest on any amount not paid by today.
If you need last-minute help, call the IRS toll-free from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. today at 800-829-1040.
(c)2013 the Akron Beacon Journal (Akron, Ohio)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook