Today is Tax Day.
Your federal, as well as state and local tax returns will be due, unless you file for an extension.
If you need more time on your returns, you should still file, even if you can't pay the full amount due. You can get an automatic six-month extension, to Oct. 15, by going to www.irs.gov and clicking on the Free File link. The form you need is Form 4868.
Remember, an extension gives you extra time to submit paperwork only. You will owe interest on any amount not paid by today.
If you need last-minute help, call the IRS toll-free from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. today at 800-829-1040.
(c)2013 the Akron Beacon Journal (Akron, Ohio)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey