Today is Tax Day.
Your federal, as well as state and local tax returns will be due, unless you file for an extension.
If you need more time on your returns, you should still file, even if you can't pay the full amount due. You can get an automatic six-month extension, to Oct. 15, by going to www.irs.gov and clicking on the Free File link. The form you need is Form 4868.
Remember, an extension gives you extra time to submit paperwork only. You will owe interest on any amount not paid by today.
If you need last-minute help, call the IRS toll-free from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. today at 800-829-1040.
(c)2013 the Akron Beacon Journal (Akron, Ohio)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock