Today is Tax Day.
Your federal, as well as state and local tax returns will be due, unless you file for an extension.
If you need more time on your returns, you should still file, even if you can't pay the full amount due. You can get an automatic six-month extension, to Oct. 15, by going to www.irs.gov and clicking on the Free File link. The form you need is Form 4868.
Remember, an extension gives you extra time to submit paperwork only. You will owe interest on any amount not paid by today.
If you need last-minute help, call the IRS toll-free from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. today at 800-829-1040.
(c)2013 the Akron Beacon Journal (Akron, Ohio)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers