Frank Bank, who played Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford on
TV's "Leave it to Beaver," has died, his co-star from the U.S. sitcom confirmed.
The Los Angeles native died Saturday -- one day after his 71st birthday, People.com said Monday.
The cause of his death was not immediately disclosed.
"I was so sad to hear today of the passing of my dear friend and business associate Frank Bank, who played Lumpy on Leave it to Beaver. He was a character and always kept us laughing. My deepest condolences to Frank's family," Bank's "Beaver" co-star Jerry Mathers posted on Facebook Saturday.
Bank wrote about his experiences working on the iconic TV series in the 1997 autobiography "Call Me Lumpy."
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe