Frank Bank, who played Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford on
TV's "Leave it to Beaver," has died, his co-star from the U.S. sitcom confirmed.
The Los Angeles native died Saturday -- one day after his 71st birthday, People.com said Monday.
The cause of his death was not immediately disclosed.
"I was so sad to hear today of the passing of my dear friend and business associate Frank Bank, who played Lumpy on Leave it to Beaver. He was a character and always kept us laughing. My deepest condolences to Frank's family," Bank's "Beaver" co-star Jerry Mathers posted on Facebook Saturday.
Bank wrote about his experiences working on the iconic TV series in the 1997 autobiography "Call Me Lumpy."
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?