Frank Bank, who played Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford on
TV's "Leave it to Beaver," has died, his co-star from the U.S. sitcom confirmed.
The Los Angeles native died Saturday -- one day after his 71st birthday, People.com said Monday.
The cause of his death was not immediately disclosed.
"I was so sad to hear today of the passing of my dear friend and business associate Frank Bank, who played Lumpy on Leave it to Beaver. He was a character and always kept us laughing. My deepest condolences to Frank's family," Bank's "Beaver" co-star Jerry Mathers posted on Facebook Saturday.
Bank wrote about his experiences working on the iconic TV series in the 1997 autobiography "Call Me Lumpy."
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday