Frank Bank, who played Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford on
TV's "Leave it to Beaver," has died, his co-star from the U.S. sitcom confirmed.
The Los Angeles native died Saturday -- one day after his 71st birthday, People.com said Monday.
The cause of his death was not immediately disclosed.
"I was so sad to hear today of the passing of my dear friend and business associate Frank Bank, who played Lumpy on Leave it to Beaver. He was a character and always kept us laughing. My deepest condolences to Frank's family," Bank's "Beaver" co-star Jerry Mathers posted on Facebook Saturday.
Bank wrote about his experiences working on the iconic TV series in the 1997 autobiography "Call Me Lumpy."
Most Popular Stories
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women
- GM Stock Hits New High as U.S. Exit Nears
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- 18 L.A. Sheriff's Deputies Face U.S. Charges