Frank Bank, who played Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford on
TV's "Leave it to Beaver," has died, his co-star from the U.S. sitcom confirmed.
The Los Angeles native died Saturday -- one day after his 71st birthday, People.com said Monday.
The cause of his death was not immediately disclosed.
"I was so sad to hear today of the passing of my dear friend and business associate Frank Bank, who played Lumpy on Leave it to Beaver. He was a character and always kept us laughing. My deepest condolences to Frank's family," Bank's "Beaver" co-star Jerry Mathers posted on Facebook Saturday.
Bank wrote about his experiences working on the iconic TV series in the 1997 autobiography "Call Me Lumpy."
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market