The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival starts Friday afternoon
at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, and you can follow the action on Twitter below
with tweets from L.A. Times staffers on the scene.
The three-day festival will bring major pop and rock acts including Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blur, Phoenix, the Stone Roses and Yeah Yeah Yeahs to the desert east of Los Angeles, along with up-and-comers such as Jessie Ware, Tanlines and Action Bronson.
Not sure where to begin? You can start with The Times' mobile guide to Coachella, which includes our pop music staff's recommendations, the full schedule, a survival guide to the festival and more.
After wrapping late Sunday night, Coachella will repeat -- with the exact same artists in the exact same order -- the following weekend, April 19-21. Stay tuned to Pop & Hiss throughout the festival for updates (and pictures of sunburned hipsters).
Speaking of pictures, you can submit your own photos from Coachella by tweeting them with the hashtag #coachellaLAT or uploading them into the gallery below.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks