Two teenage girls in Sweden may face criminal charges for setting up a "slut-shaming" account on Instagram, authorities in Gothenburg say.
Annika Boman, a prosecutor, told Svenska Dagbladet the girls would be charged with aggravated defamation.
"Charges will likely be formally filed at the end of April, but it may also take longer. New information may emerge in the investigation," she said.
The account set off a riot outside Plusgynmasiet high school in Gothenburg in December, The Local.se reported. Angry students gathered to try to learn who was posting pictures of young people on Instagram with details about their sexual activities.
Boman said many students have provided her with screen shots of material they say defamed them.
Most Popular Stories
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Samsung Launches Milk Music
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- BofA CEO Gets a 77 Percent Pay Bump
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum