Two teenage girls in Sweden may face criminal charges for setting up a "slut-shaming" account on Instagram, authorities in Gothenburg say.
Annika Boman, a prosecutor, told Svenska Dagbladet the girls would be charged with aggravated defamation.
"Charges will likely be formally filed at the end of April, but it may also take longer. New information may emerge in the investigation," she said.
The account set off a riot outside Plusgynmasiet high school in Gothenburg in December, The Local.se reported. Angry students gathered to try to learn who was posting pictures of young people on Instagram with details about their sexual activities.
Boman said many students have provided her with screen shots of material they say defamed them.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Europe's Bank Test Aims to Strengthen Economy
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid