Two teenage girls in Sweden may face criminal charges for setting up a "slut-shaming" account on Instagram, authorities in Gothenburg say.
Annika Boman, a prosecutor, told Svenska Dagbladet the girls would be charged with aggravated defamation.
"Charges will likely be formally filed at the end of April, but it may also take longer. New information may emerge in the investigation," she said.
The account set off a riot outside Plusgynmasiet high school in Gothenburg in December, The Local.se reported. Angry students gathered to try to learn who was posting pictures of young people on Instagram with details about their sexual activities.
Boman said many students have provided her with screen shots of material they say defamed them.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- 'American Hustle' Review
- Nigella Bites Back Over 'Vilification'
- Judge Grants Order, Keeping Tonsil Surgery Tragedy Girl on Ventilator
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs