Two teenage girls in Sweden may face criminal charges for setting up a "slut-shaming" account on Instagram, authorities in Gothenburg say.
Annika Boman, a prosecutor, told Svenska Dagbladet the girls would be charged with aggravated defamation.
"Charges will likely be formally filed at the end of April, but it may also take longer. New information may emerge in the investigation," she said.
The account set off a riot outside Plusgynmasiet high school in Gothenburg in December, The Local.se reported. Angry students gathered to try to learn who was posting pictures of young people on Instagram with details about their sexual activities.
Boman said many students have provided her with screen shots of material they say defamed them.
Most Popular Stories
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day