Sonia Maria Green and Larry D. Woodard will fill a pair of vacancies at the International Speedway Corp., the company announced Wednesday. Woodard will hold office till the 2014 shareholders meeting, and Green will hold office till 2015.
Green has more than 20 years of experience in marketing and brand communication, with a specialty in diversity marketing. She served as vice president of marketing and sales at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, and has held board positions at the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, the Hispanic Institute for Research and Development, and the National Hispanic Corporate Council, among others.
Woodard, president and CEO of Graham Stanley Advertising, which he founded in 2010, has more than 26 years of agency experience. His recognitions include a pair of O'Toole awards for Advertising Agency of the Year, a Gold Effie, and the Cannes Gold Lion for the Oprah Car Giveaway. A native of Casablanca, Morroco, he is past chairman of the New York Council of the American Association of Advertising Agencies.
"(Green and Woodard's) experience in advertising, branding and multicultural marketing will bring significant perspective and add tremendous value to ISC as we continue to grow our business and increase long-term value for our stockholders," Lesa France Kennedy, ISC's CEO, said in a statement.
"Expanding our board has been a priority and their appointments are especially timely as we align with NASCAR and its ambitious Industry Action Plan to better connect with existing fans, engage Gen Y, youth and multicultural consumers in motorsports," she added.
ISC promotes more than 100 racing events a year. It owns or operates 13 major motor speedways, including the Daytona International Speedway and the Talladega Superspeedway, and has business operations in sports radio, food and beverage concessions, merchandise, and gaming.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan