Sonia Maria Green and Larry D. Woodard will fill a pair of vacancies at the International Speedway Corp., the company announced Wednesday. Woodard will hold office till the 2014 shareholders meeting, and Green will hold office till 2015.
Green has more than 20 years of experience in marketing and brand communication, with a specialty in diversity marketing. She served as vice president of marketing and sales at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, and has held board positions at the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, the Hispanic Institute for Research and Development, and the National Hispanic Corporate Council, among others.
Woodard, president and CEO of Graham Stanley Advertising, which he founded in 2010, has more than 26 years of agency experience. His recognitions include a pair of O'Toole awards for Advertising Agency of the Year, a Gold Effie, and the Cannes Gold Lion for the Oprah Car Giveaway. A native of Casablanca, Morroco, he is past chairman of the New York Council of the American Association of Advertising Agencies.
"(Green and Woodard's) experience in advertising, branding and multicultural marketing will bring significant perspective and add tremendous value to ISC as we continue to grow our business and increase long-term value for our stockholders," Lesa France Kennedy, ISC's CEO, said in a statement.
"Expanding our board has been a priority and their appointments are especially timely as we align with NASCAR and its ambitious Industry Action Plan to better connect with existing fans, engage Gen Y, youth and multicultural consumers in motorsports," she added.
ISC promotes more than 100 racing events a year. It owns or operates 13 major motor speedways, including the Daytona International Speedway and the Talladega Superspeedway, and has business operations in sports radio, food and beverage concessions, merchandise, and gaming.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock