Britons spend an estimated 62 million hours each day on Facebook
and Twitter, according to a survey.
The poll suggests 34 million hours are spent on Facebook each day, with a further 28 million hours on Twitter. And 30% of the UK's 33 million Facebook users are on the network for at least an hour a day, with 13% spending at least two hours on Facebook each day. Of the UK's 26 million Twitter users, 31% spend more than an hour a day on the network.
The results are based on a survey of 1500 adults carried out by OnePoll for online bank, first direct. Rebecca Dye, social media manager at First Direct, said: "The survey shows just how central Facebook and Twitter are to people's lives, often at the expense of other communications."
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe