Britons spend an estimated 62 million hours each day on Facebook
and Twitter, according to a survey.
The poll suggests 34 million hours are spent on Facebook each day, with a further 28 million hours on Twitter. And 30% of the UK's 33 million Facebook users are on the network for at least an hour a day, with 13% spending at least two hours on Facebook each day. Of the UK's 26 million Twitter users, 31% spend more than an hour a day on the network.
The results are based on a survey of 1500 adults carried out by OnePoll for online bank, first direct. Rebecca Dye, social media manager at First Direct, said: "The survey shows just how central Facebook and Twitter are to people's lives, often at the expense of other communications."
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.