Britons spend an estimated 62 million hours each day on Facebook
and Twitter, according to a survey.
The poll suggests 34 million hours are spent on Facebook each day, with a further 28 million hours on Twitter. And 30% of the UK's 33 million Facebook users are on the network for at least an hour a day, with 13% spending at least two hours on Facebook each day. Of the UK's 26 million Twitter users, 31% spend more than an hour a day on the network.
The results are based on a survey of 1500 adults carried out by OnePoll for online bank, first direct. Rebecca Dye, social media manager at First Direct, said: "The survey shows just how central Facebook and Twitter are to people's lives, often at the expense of other communications."
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week