Britons spend an estimated 62 million hours each day on Facebook
and Twitter, according to a survey.
The poll suggests 34 million hours are spent on Facebook each day, with a further 28 million hours on Twitter. And 30% of the UK's 33 million Facebook users are on the network for at least an hour a day, with 13% spending at least two hours on Facebook each day. Of the UK's 26 million Twitter users, 31% spend more than an hour a day on the network.
The results are based on a survey of 1500 adults carried out by OnePoll for online bank, first direct. Rebecca Dye, social media manager at First Direct, said: "The survey shows just how central Facebook and Twitter are to people's lives, often at the expense of other communications."
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'