Black Sabbath is to make a rare U.S. television appearance when it performs a new song in next month's "CSI" season finale, CBS announced.
Band-mates Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler will play themselves on the May 15 episode.
"When we first heard that Black Sabbath was interested in premiering a song on 'CSI' from their first studio album in 35 years, we were all really excited. So many of us are longtime fans," "CSI" Executive Producer Don McGill said in a statement Wednesday. "And seeing as the album is titled '13' and this is the finale of 'CSI's Season 13, it seemed like the perfect match. We couldn't be more thrilled."
As the Las Vegas Crime Scene Investigative team investigates a trail of murders with horrifying similarities to the sins in "Dante's Inferno," the band will share a scene with D.B. Russell, played by Ted Danson, when he and Conrad Ecklie, played by Marc Vann, attend a Black Sabbath show, a synopsis said.
The appearance will mark the rock band's world premiere of the song "End of the Beginning" from "13," which is due out June 11 on Vertigo/Republic. It is the group's first studio album since 1978's "Never Say Die!" The band has sold more than 70 million albums.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence