Black Sabbath is to make a rare U.S. television appearance when it performs a new song in next month's "CSI" season finale, CBS announced.
Band-mates Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler will play themselves on the May 15 episode.
"When we first heard that Black Sabbath was interested in premiering a song on 'CSI' from their first studio album in 35 years, we were all really excited. So many of us are longtime fans," "CSI" Executive Producer Don McGill said in a statement Wednesday. "And seeing as the album is titled '13' and this is the finale of 'CSI's Season 13, it seemed like the perfect match. We couldn't be more thrilled."
As the Las Vegas Crime Scene Investigative team investigates a trail of murders with horrifying similarities to the sins in "Dante's Inferno," the band will share a scene with D.B. Russell, played by Ted Danson, when he and Conrad Ecklie, played by Marc Vann, attend a Black Sabbath show, a synopsis said.
The appearance will mark the rock band's world premiere of the song "End of the Beginning" from "13," which is due out June 11 on Vertigo/Republic. It is the group's first studio album since 1978's "Never Say Die!" The band has sold more than 70 million albums.
Most Popular Stories
- Atlanta Biology Lesson Compares Evolution With Satan
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Recalling 100,000 Vehicles for Safety Issues
- Hispanic Social Media Awards Announced
- Legal Pot Shops Do Roaring Business on Opening Day
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- Citigroup Close to $7 Billion Deal in Mortgage Probe