Atlanta movie mogul Tyler Perry is apparently planning a major
expansion of his studios.
Perry, producer, director and star of the Madea series of films and the creative force behind several other hit movies and TV series, appeared to inadvertently offer Entertainment Tonight interviewer Rocsi Diaz a small glimpse of his future plans.
"I'm about to do a huge expansion here," Perry said during ET's Tuesday night broadcast as he was giving the show a tour of the southwest Atlanta complex.
During the segment, Perry told Diaz the expansion would include, "more sound stages."
"I haven't told anybody that," he said.
His comments could suggest that such an expansion will be of his 30-acre Tyler Perry Studios campus near Greenbriar Mall.
Last month, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported a company with apparent ties to Perry recently acquired 856 acres in Douglas County, southwest of Six Flags Over Georgia. The purchase set off speculation among nearby residents and film industry insiders that Perry could move or expand production operations there.
A message left with a publicist for Perry was not immediately returned.
Perry's studio includes five sound stages.
His latest film, "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor," opened in theaters March 29.
He's also producing two projects for Oprah Winfrey's OWN cable channel, including the drama "The Haves and Have Nots," set to premiere next month.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West