Hollywood actor Tom Cruise admits his divorce last summer from actress Katie
Holmes took him by surprise.
The couple were married five years and have a 6-year-old daughter.
E! News said Cruise broke his silence about the split in an interview with the German TV network ProSieben while he was promoting his new movie "Oblivion."
"I did not expect that," Cruise said of Holmes leaving him last June. He went on to say the breakup afforded him "an incredible amount of time to reflect" about his life.
"Life is a challenge," he said. "To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you -- that's what life is ... Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor."
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad