Hollywood actor Tom Cruise admits his divorce last summer from actress Katie
Holmes took him by surprise.
The couple were married five years and have a 6-year-old daughter.
E! News said Cruise broke his silence about the split in an interview with the German TV network ProSieben while he was promoting his new movie "Oblivion."
"I did not expect that," Cruise said of Holmes leaving him last June. He went on to say the breakup afforded him "an incredible amount of time to reflect" about his life.
"Life is a challenge," he said. "To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you -- that's what life is ... Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor."
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience