Hollywood actor Tom Cruise admits his divorce last summer from actress Katie
Holmes took him by surprise.
The couple were married five years and have a 6-year-old daughter.
E! News said Cruise broke his silence about the split in an interview with the German TV network ProSieben while he was promoting his new movie "Oblivion."
"I did not expect that," Cruise said of Holmes leaving him last June. He went on to say the breakup afforded him "an incredible amount of time to reflect" about his life.
"Life is a challenge," he said. "To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you -- that's what life is ... Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor."
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter