Hollywood actor Tom Cruise admits his divorce last summer from actress Katie
Holmes took him by surprise.
The couple were married five years and have a 6-year-old daughter.
E! News said Cruise broke his silence about the split in an interview with the German TV network ProSieben while he was promoting his new movie "Oblivion."
"I did not expect that," Cruise said of Holmes leaving him last June. He went on to say the breakup afforded him "an incredible amount of time to reflect" about his life.
"Life is a challenge," he said. "To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you -- that's what life is ... Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor."
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia