Hollywood actor Tom Cruise admits his divorce last summer from actress Katie
Holmes took him by surprise.
The couple were married five years and have a 6-year-old daughter.
E! News said Cruise broke his silence about the split in an interview with the German TV network ProSieben while he was promoting his new movie "Oblivion."
"I did not expect that," Cruise said of Holmes leaving him last June. He went on to say the breakup afforded him "an incredible amount of time to reflect" about his life.
"Life is a challenge," he said. "To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you -- that's what life is ... Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor."
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian