Los Angeles (dpa) - Actress Lindsay Lohan surrendered to police as
a formality in the process of implementing her recent plea deal in
which she will serve 90 days in a locked-down rehab facility, the Los
Angeles Times reported Wednesday.
Lohan will enter rehab on May 2, she said in an interview Tuesday night with David Letterman in which she called her rehab stint "a blessing" that would allow her to refocus her life.
"I'm the happiest when I'm working, and the healthiest. And I think [rehab] is an opportunity for me to, you know, focus on what I love in life," she told the talk show host. "I don't think it's a bad thing," she said. "I think it's a blessing ... and not a curse."
Lohan, 26, is going into rehab as part of her sentence for lying to Santa Monica Police about who was driving a Porsche on Pacific Coast Highway that collided with a truck. According to MTV the troubled actress has been to rehab six times in the past.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week