Los Angeles (dpa) - Actress Lindsay Lohan surrendered to police as
a formality in the process of implementing her recent plea deal in
which she will serve 90 days in a locked-down rehab facility, the Los
Angeles Times reported Wednesday.
Lohan will enter rehab on May 2, she said in an interview Tuesday night with David Letterman in which she called her rehab stint "a blessing" that would allow her to refocus her life.
"I'm the happiest when I'm working, and the healthiest. And I think [rehab] is an opportunity for me to, you know, focus on what I love in life," she told the talk show host. "I don't think it's a bad thing," she said. "I think it's a blessing ... and not a curse."
Lohan, 26, is going into rehab as part of her sentence for lying to Santa Monica Police about who was driving a Porsche on Pacific Coast Highway that collided with a truck. According to MTV the troubled actress has been to rehab six times in the past.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod