Los Angeles (dpa) - Actress Lindsay Lohan surrendered to police as
a formality in the process of implementing her recent plea deal in
which she will serve 90 days in a locked-down rehab facility, the Los
Angeles Times reported Wednesday.
Lohan will enter rehab on May 2, she said in an interview Tuesday night with David Letterman in which she called her rehab stint "a blessing" that would allow her to refocus her life.
"I'm the happiest when I'm working, and the healthiest. And I think [rehab] is an opportunity for me to, you know, focus on what I love in life," she told the talk show host. "I don't think it's a bad thing," she said. "I think it's a blessing ... and not a curse."
Lohan, 26, is going into rehab as part of her sentence for lying to Santa Monica Police about who was driving a Porsche on Pacific Coast Highway that collided with a truck. According to MTV the troubled actress has been to rehab six times in the past.
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Copper Plunges on China Jitters
- U.S. Stocks Sink for 3rd Day in a Row
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Vestas Ramps Up Hiring to Build Wind Turbines
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Republican Jolly Wins Fla. Special Election