Los Angeles (dpa) - Actress Lindsay Lohan surrendered to police as
a formality in the process of implementing her recent plea deal in
which she will serve 90 days in a locked-down rehab facility, the Los
Angeles Times reported Wednesday.
Lohan will enter rehab on May 2, she said in an interview Tuesday night with David Letterman in which she called her rehab stint "a blessing" that would allow her to refocus her life.
"I'm the happiest when I'm working, and the healthiest. And I think [rehab] is an opportunity for me to, you know, focus on what I love in life," she told the talk show host. "I don't think it's a bad thing," she said. "I think it's a blessing ... and not a curse."
Lohan, 26, is going into rehab as part of her sentence for lying to Santa Monica Police about who was driving a Porsche on Pacific Coast Highway that collided with a truck. According to MTV the troubled actress has been to rehab six times in the past.
Most Popular Stories
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve