LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/13 -- TV presenter and designer, Holly Willoughby puts real women on the runway for Summer 13 with a campaign to celebrate the female form.
Known for her appreciation of natural beauty and feminine curves Holly incorporates a selection of 'real women' to appear alongside professional models for her latest collection for Very.co.uk.
Proving that her designs look as good on models as they do on real women, Holly recruited four fans of her collection from Facebook to join her to launch her latest range at Claridges.
"My collections for Very have always been about designing gorgeous dresses to suit all women and I wanted my catwalk event to show how the designs work in reality on real women," says Holly. "As a busy working mum, I know how hard it is to look stylish when you are constantly on the go. That's why I design pieces that are trend-led but do not require a lot of styling. It's all about dressing for your shape with a collection designed with all figures in mind - there is something for everyone."
Lucy Ellis, Janey Freeman, Allie Galloway and Emily Birtles are the four winners selected from nearly 1,000 entries for Holly's Real Women competition run through Very.co.uk's Facebook page.
The four women have been recruited to model pieces from Holly's collection as part of a professional catwalk show alongside top models in front of an audience of fashion media in London accompanying a campaign shoot for the online retailer.
"I want to show my clothes as they should be seen," says Holly, "on real women with real figures walking down the catwalk. This is when the clothes will look their best and the women looked absolutely gorgeous... I am so proud of them. The idea of showing the collection on both models and real women allow me to show my collection to its true potential and celebrate every female form!"
"Holly's collection is all about pieces that are flattering, feminine and wearable," says Jon Owen, Retail Director of Very.co.uk, "She designs with real women in mind and always considers different shapes and cuts to ensure that there is something for everyone. We are thrilled that real women are participating in her fashion launch event to show style editors how Holly's style really works for the everyday woman."
Holly's high summer collection consists of 10 must-have pieces including gorgeous summer dresses perfect for the warmer weather.
Notes to Editors:
- To watch the show click here from 8pm on 9th April 2013
- Holly's Spring Summer Salon show took place at 4pm in Claridges, London, W1
- The four winners showcased Holly's midseason collection along with catwalk models
- The four winners were Lucy Ellis, 49 from Bexley, Janey Freeman, 26 from Manchester, Allie Galloway, 23 from Leamington Spa and Emily Birtles, 19 from Hornchurch
- The competition launched on Monday 4th March 2013 and closed at 9am 25th March 2013
- The prize included a fashion PR shoot and participation in Holly Willoughby's SS13 fashion show
- Entries were submitted online at https://www.facebook.com/VeryUK
- Full terms and conditions can be found on https://www.facebook.com/VeryUK
- Holly's SS13 collection is available to shop online NOW at www.very.co.uk 0844 822 8000
- Holly's range is offered size 8 to 20
- Very.co.uk boasts celebrity collections from Fearne Cotton, Holly Willoughby, Jameela Jamil and many more.
- Very.co.uk sells more than 800 brands - including leading fashion labels and our own brands.
SDG brands include:
Follow us @verynetwork
Like us facebook.com/VeryUK
Read us http://blog.very.co.uk/
20 7359 2288
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant