\Janelle Arthur, the singer from Oliver Springs, made it to the Top Six
on American Idol season 12, but the question this week is can she make it to the
We know many East Tennesseans are hoping so. There's been growing interest in Arthur and this season's Idol as she's charmed audiences each week.
At the end of last week, Arthur and Burnell Taylor were at the bottom of the six remaining contestants.
Philip Lim on NewStraitsTimes suggests in an article posted Wednesday that "Janelle is losing her grip on the fast-paced Idol chariot."
The contestants are expected to do two songs in the two-hour Top 6 performance show. American Idols airs at 8 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday on the Fox Network.
Arthur, according to Hollywood.com will sing "The Dance" by Garth Brooks. "It was actually in a show that I did when I was 11 years old," she told Hollywood.com. "It was one of those songs that really opened up my mind to how deep lyrics can be and how there's more meaning to it than what you think."
Her other song will be "I'll Never Fall in Love Again" (covered by Bobbie Gentry, Sheryl Crow, and Trisha Yearwood), Hollywood.com said.
Below are some videos of Arthur and you can find more at DailyMotion.com.
Best of luck to our East Tennessee girl!
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American