Performance pickup enthusiasts can look forward to a new 2014 Ford
F-150 SVT Raptor Special Edition, Ford officials announced Tuesday.
The Raptor is a specialty off-road truck that was added to the lineup in 2009 as a 2010 2-door SuperCab. The lineup expanded with the 2011 4-door SuperCrew.
This muscular machine features a unique ruby red metallic exterior, graphics and interior touches including red seat bolsters with black inserts. Buyers can also choose a Raptor in "tuxedo black metallic."
Ford has not said what the Special Edition Raptor will cost when it goes on sale this fall. A regular Raptor starts at $44,915, including delivery charges.
"Raptor owners are looking for a high-performing, uncompromising off-road pickup truck with the features and luxuries found in today's premium trucks," said Doug Scott, Ford truck group marketing manager, who announced the addition of the truck at an auto industry event in Irvine, Calif.
"The 2014 Special Edition is the best Raptor yet," Scott said.
Even regular pickups are profitable and specialty trucks are even more so. Raptor sales exceeded 13,000 last year and are up 14% so far this year.
The performance comes from a 6.2-liter V8 engine that generates 411 horsepower and 434 pound-feet of torque. The truck has a six-speed automatic transmission and a four-wheel-drive system.
(c)2013 the Detroit Free Press
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- Student Entrepreneurs Get a Leg Up in Philly
- Taylor Swift is a Country Dweller No More
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery