Q: Are there federal unemployment benefits available after my state benefits expire?
A: Yes, there are still federal emergency unemployment benefits that kick in after Florida's state benefits expire if you haven't found a job.
Currently, there are three tiers of EUC benefits available, for a maximum of 29 additional weeks, according to Florida's Department of Economic Opportunity.
Florida provides up to 19 weeks of state benefits under the 2011 law that tied unemployment to the rate rising or declining.
In total, 48 weeks of state and federal benefits are available to eligible workers who have been laid off through no fault of their own.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go