Q: Are there federal unemployment benefits available after my state benefits expire?
A: Yes, there are still federal emergency unemployment benefits that kick in after Florida's state benefits expire if you haven't found a job.
Currently, there are three tiers of EUC benefits available, for a maximum of 29 additional weeks, according to Florida's Department of Economic Opportunity.
Florida provides up to 19 weeks of state benefits under the 2011 law that tied unemployment to the rate rising or declining.
In total, 48 weeks of state and federal benefits are available to eligible workers who have been laid off through no fault of their own.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study