Q: Are there federal unemployment benefits available after my state benefits expire?
A: Yes, there are still federal emergency unemployment benefits that kick in after Florida's state benefits expire if you haven't found a job.
Currently, there are three tiers of EUC benefits available, for a maximum of 29 additional weeks, according to Florida's Department of Economic Opportunity.
Florida provides up to 19 weeks of state benefits under the 2011 law that tied unemployment to the rate rising or declining.
In total, 48 weeks of state and federal benefits are available to eligible workers who have been laid off through no fault of their own.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel