Today is April Fools' Day, a day when you might not want to be too quick to bite into an Oreo cookie.
The Modesto Bee put out a call on Facebook for readers to describe the April 1 pranks they remember from the past.
"Take the cream out of the Oreos and replace it with white toothpaste!" one post said. "Works every time."
Another reader told of buying stickers that look like bullet holes and placing them on a friend's new car.
A father recalled planting carrot seeds with his son one March 31, then replacing them the next day with store-bought carrots with the green tops still attached.
One poster had several ideas:
--Glue a Starbucks cup to the roof of your car and drive around town.
--Cover the boss's desk in Post-it notes.
--Freeze your child's cereal the night before.
--Put a bowl of fake fruit by the coffee maker at work.
--Cover the sensor on the bottom of a co-worker's mouse.
--Take a box of doughnuts to work, but fill it with Cheerios frosted to look like doughnuts.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges