Caroline Kennedy, daughter of assassinated President John F. Kennedy, has been
asked to be the U.S. ambassador to Japan and is being vetted, CNN reported.
CNN said it learned about the vetting process for Kennedy from a Democrat familiar with the situation.
Kennedy, 55, is a lawyer and author. She was a major backer of President Barack Obama when he first sought the White House in 2008, providing support from one of the most influential U.S. political families for the Illinois senator's presidential bid.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison