Caroline Kennedy, daughter of assassinated President John F. Kennedy, has been
asked to be the U.S. ambassador to Japan and is being vetted, CNN reported.
CNN said it learned about the vetting process for Kennedy from a Democrat familiar with the situation.
Kennedy, 55, is a lawyer and author. She was a major backer of President Barack Obama when he first sought the White House in 2008, providing support from one of the most influential U.S. political families for the Illinois senator's presidential bid.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.