Caroline Kennedy, daughter of assassinated President John F. Kennedy, has been
asked to be the U.S. ambassador to Japan and is being vetted, CNN reported.
CNN said it learned about the vetting process for Kennedy from a Democrat familiar with the situation.
Kennedy, 55, is a lawyer and author. She was a major backer of President Barack Obama when he first sought the White House in 2008, providing support from one of the most influential U.S. political families for the Illinois senator's presidential bid.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight