Caroline Kennedy, daughter of assassinated President John F. Kennedy, has been
asked to be the U.S. ambassador to Japan and is being vetted, CNN reported.
CNN said it learned about the vetting process for Kennedy from a Democrat familiar with the situation.
Kennedy, 55, is a lawyer and author. She was a major backer of President Barack Obama when he first sought the White House in 2008, providing support from one of the most influential U.S. political families for the Illinois senator's presidential bid.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset