Caroline Kennedy, daughter of assassinated President John F. Kennedy, has been
asked to be the U.S. ambassador to Japan and is being vetted, CNN reported.
CNN said it learned about the vetting process for Kennedy from a Democrat familiar with the situation.
Kennedy, 55, is a lawyer and author. She was a major backer of President Barack Obama when he first sought the White House in 2008, providing support from one of the most influential U.S. political families for the Illinois senator's presidential bid.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids