Rick Springfield was arrested in Los Angeles Friday on a bench warrant for missing a court date related to his 2011 drunken driving case, police said.
"I didn't know that I was supposed appear in court a few weeks ago. It was to do with the old DUI charge and it's been cleared up and I am free to go," the singer and actor wrote on his Facebook page.
A spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department told TMZ deputies went to Springfield's home Friday morning to execute the warrant, which was related to a missed February court date and issued Wednesday.
The hearing was to show Springfield has been meeting all the requirements of his probation in the case.
The performer's attorney had the warrant recalled while Springfield was being booked Friday and the former "General Hospital" star was released shortly after, TMZ said.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems