Rick Springfield was arrested in Los Angeles Friday on a bench warrant for missing a court date related to his 2011 drunken driving case, police said.
"I didn't know that I was supposed appear in court a few weeks ago. It was to do with the old DUI charge and it's been cleared up and I am free to go," the singer and actor wrote on his Facebook page.
A spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department told TMZ deputies went to Springfield's home Friday morning to execute the warrant, which was related to a missed February court date and issued Wednesday.
The hearing was to show Springfield has been meeting all the requirements of his probation in the case.
The performer's attorney had the warrant recalled while Springfield was being booked Friday and the former "General Hospital" star was released shortly after, TMZ said.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe