Rick Springfield was arrested in Los Angeles Friday on a bench warrant for missing a court date related to his 2011 drunken driving case, police said.
"I didn't know that I was supposed appear in court a few weeks ago. It was to do with the old DUI charge and it's been cleared up and I am free to go," the singer and actor wrote on his Facebook page.
A spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department told TMZ deputies went to Springfield's home Friday morning to execute the warrant, which was related to a missed February court date and issued Wednesday.
The hearing was to show Springfield has been meeting all the requirements of his probation in the case.
The performer's attorney had the warrant recalled while Springfield was being booked Friday and the former "General Hospital" star was released shortly after, TMZ said.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise