Rick Springfield was arrested in Los Angeles Friday on a bench warrant for missing a court date related to his 2011 drunken driving case, police said.
"I didn't know that I was supposed appear in court a few weeks ago. It was to do with the old DUI charge and it's been cleared up and I am free to go," the singer and actor wrote on his Facebook page.
A spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department told TMZ deputies went to Springfield's home Friday morning to execute the warrant, which was related to a missed February court date and issued Wednesday.
The hearing was to show Springfield has been meeting all the requirements of his probation in the case.
The performer's attorney had the warrant recalled while Springfield was being booked Friday and the former "General Hospital" star was released shortly after, TMZ said.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign