Rick Springfield was arrested in Los Angeles Friday on a bench warrant for missing a court date related to his 2011 drunken driving case, police said.
"I didn't know that I was supposed appear in court a few weeks ago. It was to do with the old DUI charge and it's been cleared up and I am free to go," the singer and actor wrote on his Facebook page.
A spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department told TMZ deputies went to Springfield's home Friday morning to execute the warrant, which was related to a missed February court date and issued Wednesday.
The hearing was to show Springfield has been meeting all the requirements of his probation in the case.
The performer's attorney had the warrant recalled while Springfield was being booked Friday and the former "General Hospital" star was released shortly after, TMZ said.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release