Elisabeth Hasselbeck, the lone conservative on the five-host panel of "The View" in New York, was told her contract will not be renewed, UsMagazine.com said.
The report comes one day after "View" co-host Joy Behar, 70, confirmed she is leaving the show after 16 seasons to pursue other projects, including performing her stand-up comedy act and writing a play.
Hasselbeck, 35, will be departing after nine seasons.
The other panelists on the show are its creator Barbara Walters, and comedians Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd.
"The viewers they polled all said she was too extreme and right-wing," a show insider whose name was not reported told UsMagazine.com about Hasselbeck Friday. "People did not watch the show because of Elisabeth. So they told her yesterday her contract would not be renewed."
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes