Bumble Bee Foods has issued a voluntary recall on specific codes of 5-ounce
Chunk White Albacore and Chunk Light Tuna Products. The recall has been issued
because the products do not meet the company's standards for seal tightness.
Loose seals or seams could result in spoilage, the department said in a news release. There have been no reports to date of any illness associated with these products.
These products were distributed for retail sale nationwide between Jan. 17 Feb. 28. It is unknown whether any products were distributed in Rhode Island.
Consumers should discard the recalled products, the department said.
For any questions or reimbursement, consumers can contact Bumble Bee Consumer Affairs at (800) 800-8572.
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap
- Ford Flies High on Speed