Bumble Bee Foods has issued a voluntary recall on specific codes of 5-ounce
Chunk White Albacore and Chunk Light Tuna Products. The recall has been issued
because the products do not meet the company's standards for seal tightness.
Loose seals or seams could result in spoilage, the department said in a news release. There have been no reports to date of any illness associated with these products.
These products were distributed for retail sale nationwide between Jan. 17 Feb. 28. It is unknown whether any products were distributed in Rhode Island.
Consumers should discard the recalled products, the department said.
For any questions or reimbursement, consumers can contact Bumble Bee Consumer Affairs at (800) 800-8572.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- Hispanic Grads Pass Their Peers in College Enrollment
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- California Considers Oil Tax to Fund Schools
- Dude! California Beach Parking Plan Making Waves
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- NTSB Wants to Lower Blood Alcohol Limit to 0.05
- Boise Terror Suspect Pleads Not Guilty