Bumble Bee Foods has issued a voluntary recall on specific codes of 5-ounce
Chunk White Albacore and Chunk Light Tuna Products. The recall has been issued
because the products do not meet the company's standards for seal tightness.
Loose seals or seams could result in spoilage, the department said in a news release. There have been no reports to date of any illness associated with these products.
These products were distributed for retail sale nationwide between Jan. 17 Feb. 28. It is unknown whether any products were distributed in Rhode Island.
Consumers should discard the recalled products, the department said.
For any questions or reimbursement, consumers can contact Bumble Bee Consumer Affairs at (800) 800-8572.
Most Popular Stories
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Nigella Bites Back Over 'Vilification'
- 'American Hustle' Review
- Judge Grants Order, Keeping Tonsil Surgery Tragedy Girl on Ventilator
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum