HOUSTON, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 03/08/13 -- GeoMet, Inc. (OTCQB: GMET) (NASDAQ: GMETP) (the "Company") announced today that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend to its preferred stockholders covering the period January 1, 2013 through March 31, 2013 to be paid through the issuance of .03125 preferred share ("PIK Preferred Shares") per outstanding share of preferred stock. The dividend has been calculated at an annual rate of 12.5%. Should the calculation of the dividend of PIK Preferred Shares to any preferred stockholder result in a fractional share, the portion of the dividend attributable to such fractional share will be paid in cash. The aggregate amount of cash paid for all fractional shares will be nominal. The dividend will be paid on April 1, 2013 to preferred stockholders of record on March 18, 2013. In the aggregate, approximately 166,000 additional preferred shares will be issued in connection with this dividend.
The Company also announced that its annual meeting of stockholders will be held on May 14, 2013. Stockholders of record at the close of business on March 18, 2013 will be entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the Annual Meeting.
About GeoMet, Inc.
GeoMet, Inc. is an independent energy company primarily engaged in the exploration for and development and production of natural gas from coal seams ("coalbed methane"). Our principal operations and producing properties are located in Alabama, Virginia and West Virginia. We also control non-producing coalbed methane rights, principally in Alabama, Virginia, and West Virginia.
For more information please contact
Stephen M. Smith
or visit our website at www.geometinc.com
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response