California authorities said they found a large amount of marijuana, worth about $1 million, near a crashed boat near Vandenberg Air Force base.
Homeland Security investigators removed the marijuana after the discovery Thursday, the Los Angeles Times said.
Authorities were also developing a plan to remove the boat, fuel and motor, the Times reported.
Officials said they are continuing to search for suspects, and it's not clear if anyone was hurt in the crash.
Base personnel were told to avoid the area.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks