MORRISTOWN, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 03/08/13 -- Covanta Holding Corporation (NYSE: CVA) ("Covanta" or the "Company"), a leading global owner and operator of Energy-from-Waste ("EfW") projects, announced that its 2013 Annual Meeting of Stockholders will be held at 11:00am ET, on May 16, 2013, at the Company's corporate headquarters, which are located at 445 South Street, Morristown, New Jersey. The Board of Directors set March 19, 2013 as the record date for holders of Covanta's common stock authorized to vote at such Annual Meeting of Stockholders.
Covanta Holding Corporation (NYSE: CVA) is an internationally recognized owner and operator of large-scale Energy-from-Waste and renewable energy projects and a recipient of the Energy Innovator Award from the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. Covanta's 44 Energy-from-Waste facilities provide communities with an environmentally sound solution to their solid waste disposal needs by using that municipal solid waste to generate clean, renewable energy. Annually, Covanta's modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely and securely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste into 9 million megawatt hours of clean renewable electricity and approximately 9 billion pounds of steam that are sold to a variety of industries. For more information, visit www.covantaenergy.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March