OTTAWA, ONTQRIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/08/13 -- Product photos are available at http://bit.ly/10ocHaH
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Norcard Fundraising Canada are warning people with allergies to milk not to consume the Heartland Gourmet gluten free, dairy free, Double Chocolate Cookie Mix described below. The affected product may contain milk which is not declared on the label.
The affected product, Heartland Gourmet gluten free, dairy free Double Chocolate Cookie Mix, is sold in 16 oz ( 454g) boxes bearing UPC 7 37697 01530 6. The affected packages bear lot codes 0012289, 0022317 with date code BEST BY 10/2014, and lot code 0011263 with date code BEST BY 09/2013.
This product has been distributed throughout Canada and sold through various schools and fundraising organizations.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to milk.
The importer, Norcard Fundraising Canada, London, Ontario is voluntarily recalling the affected product from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information, consumers and industry can call the CFIA at 1 800 442-2342 / TTY 1 800 465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).
For information on common food allergens, visit the Food Allergens web page at: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fssa/labeti/allerg/allerge.shtml.
For information on all food recalls, visit the CFIA's Food Recall Report at: http://active.inspection.gc.ca/eng/corp/recarapp_dbe.asp.
To find out more about receiving recalls by e-mail, and other food safety facts, visit: www.foodsafety.gc.ca. Food and consumer product recalls are also available at http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca.
CFIA Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Georgia GOP Preaches Minority Outreach
- GM Joins Nissan to Supply Small Cargo Vehicle
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Ford Trucks See Boost as Roadshow Reaches Saudi Arabia
- Kerry Concerned Over Blasphemy Laws, Anti-Semitism
- GM to Rejoin S&P 500, Akerson Says
- Ladies in White Group Needs Help From Abroad
- NTSB Wants to Lower Blood Alcohol Limit to 0.05